Petrol in Diesel Solutions – Our System
Petrol in diesel vehicles immediately creates a stressful situation. Outlining exactly what you should expect from an unfamiliar scenario will hopefully make you feel a little more at ease.
1) Place a call to our petrol in diesel customer services and they will review your situation details to enable our engineer to get to you as soon as possible.
2) Our Engineers will locate you and will ascertain the specifics of the mis-fuelling that has taken place.
3) They will then identify your vehicle fuel system and ready the petrol in diesel removal equipment to carry out the fuel drain procedure.
4) Our vehicles are all equipped with the latest in fuel tank draining equipment. Our engineer will remove the wrong fuel type in your vehicle and the contaminated fuel will be stored correctly in specially constructed containers. This will be taken to a disposal site according to licencing requirements.
5) Once the wrong fuel type has been evacuated, the vehicle fuel distribution system will be thoroughly cleaned so that no fuel of the incorrect type is left and ensure complete removal of contamination once the correct type of fuel has been put back into the system.
6) The vehicle will then need to be filled with the right fuel type and the engine tested to make sure that the vehicle is running properly so that you can get back on the road with no nasty surprises awaiting you a mile down the road.
If you’ve put the wrong fuel in your car whether it’s diesel in a petrol car or petrol in diesel, call our customer services centre straight away on WRONGFUEL UK 0345 017 0729. One of our engineers will be with you in a flash and our customer services will make sure that you are fully aware of any further measures that may have to be taken so that you and your vehicle are safe and that you are back on the road just as soon as we can get you there.